Sunday, January 28, 2007

SALE SEASON !

The winter sales has come. There are sales all over Europe! From clothes, to hardware! I haven't bought any clothes this year, as I still have plenty to get through! Seriously I think my interests have shifted to house things - things to make my life easier!

I did manage to pick pick up a few good buys that my next child will hopefully, put to good use! Well I still can use the Food warmer for Edison now, when we travel or happen to be out for the day! And then theres my new nursing bras which were a bargain at just 7.90€! They look and feel quite good, and seem like they would be supportive. The cheapest I've seen in Singapore, is also SGD29.90, which is double the price! Too bad, I only manage to get two of the bras. All the ones on the shelf were damn big! Made me feel so small!

Here are some of my good buys:
The original price of this infant carrier/car seat was 49.90€, but was slashed to 26.90€!
Bought the bottle warmer at 39.90€ ( Not sure if this was normal price or sale price, but still think its a must especially when travelling!)
I also bought a feeding chair, but couldn't find a picture of it online, so can't show it off! Hahaha! Well I got it for one of my best friend's lil gal! 2 more months till I get to go back for our home trip. By then, baby Isabelle would be around 7 months! Hopefully Linda (Isabelle's mom), will be able to go without a feeding chair until then!
I know with Edison, he was a horror, and still is when it comes to meal times! I remember, he was 4 and a half months old when I tried to get him to take his first cereal. I ended up changing my mind and, waited for another month until he was just over 5 months old, then I tried again, he wasn't any better! hahaha! He really is those "play comes first" type.
The other night, Jeff and I were discussing about the education system in Singapore. I really hope that I wont have to see my children go through so much stress.
I really believe that, just as it is important for children to receive a sound education, so is being able to play and be stress free, like a child is by nature. Imagine, we adults, be it when we start working, or if not, like me......a mother and a wife, the amount of stress we face. Imagine if you had high levels of stress in your life since childhood. That's sad! Of course some stress is uncontrollable.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.